Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic) Lots of money.
- The new managing director must be making big bucks after his promotion.
- 1999, Dale Brown, The Tin Man, page 96:
- But he was unable to get a gun permit and make the big bucks of an armed security guard, so he made minimum wage as a seasonal-hire watchman
- 2006, Ann Coulter, Godless,
- After all the carping about how little teachers are paid, if someone enters the teaching profession for the big bucks aren't they too stupid to be teaching our kids?