Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (countable, hobbies) A hobbyist who experiments with DNA and other aspects of genetics.
- (uncountable, social) A techno-progressive movement advocating open access to genetic information.
- (uncountable, science fiction) A science fiction genre that focuses on biotechnology and subversives.
- ^ Katz, J.S.: "Roses are Black, Violets are Green", New Scientist, 6 January, 1990
- ^ Katz, J.S.: "That which is not Forbidden is Mandatory", BioTech Educ, 4(1), 1990
- ^ Newitz, Annalee. Biopunk. Retrieved on 2007-01-26.
- ^ Newitz, Annalee. Genome Liberation. Retrieved on 2007-01-26.
- ^ Quinion, Michael. World Wide Words: Biopunk. Retrieved on 2007-01-26.