Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
blasphemy (plural blasphemies)
- Irreverence toward something considered sacred or inviolable.
- That imam said that drawing the prophet Muhammad is a form of blasphemy.
- The act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for any religion's deity or deities.
- The act of claiming the attributes of a deity.
- (irreverent language): cursing, cussing, execration, imprecation, profanity, swearing
- (unholy act): profanation, desecration, sacrilege, violation
Derived terms 
Irreverence toward something sacred