Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
blindside (plural blindsides)
- (automotive) A driver's field of blindness around an automobile; the side areas behind the driver.
- (rugby) the space on the side of the pitch with the shorter distance between the breakdown/set piece and the touchline; compare openside.
- (rugby union) short for blindside flanker, a position in rugby union, usually number 6.
- The blindside [flanker] packs down at the scrum on the blindside.
- 2011 Septembe 24, Ben Dirs, “Rugby World Cup 2011: England 67-3 Romania”, BBC Sport:
- However, after an inside pass from Moody to Tom Croft and a surge from the England blind-side, number eight James Haskell was eventually pinged from in front of the posts for not releasing.
driver's field of blindness
- For usage examples of this term, see the citations page.