Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɪŋkə(r)
blinker (plural blinkers)
- Anything that blinks, such as the turn signal of an automobile.
- Eye shields attached to a hood for horses, to prevent them from seeing backwards and partially sideways.
- Whatever obstructs sight or discernment.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Matthew Green to this entry?)
- (rare) The eyelid.
- (cellular automata) In Conway's Game of Life, an arrangement of three cells in a row that switches between horizontal and vertical orientations in each generation.
- (turn signal of an automobile): directional, directional signal, indicator, trafficator, turn indicator, turn signal
- (eye shield for a horse): blinder
- To put blinkers on.
- The farmer stopped to blinker his horse before getting into heavily trafficked area.
- present tense of