Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also Blitz
Shortened from blitzkrieg, from German.
blitz (plural blitzes)
- A sudden attack, especially an air raid; usually with reference to The Blitz.
- (figuratively) A sudden effort, as a publicity blitz.
- (American football) action of a defensive football player who rushes the passer of the football.
- (chess) Blitz chess, a form of chess with a short time limit for moves.
- A swift and overwhelming attack.
- (chess): speed chess
action of a defensive football player who rushes the passer of the football
- To attack.
- (American football) To rush the passer.
- (cooking) To purée or chop (food products) using a food processor or blender.
blitz m (invariable)