Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Working class; engaged or trained in essentially manual labor.
- Blue-collar workers represent a diminishing segment of society.
- 2013 February 14, Scott Tobias, “Film: Reviews: A Good Day To Die Hard”, The Onion AV Club:
- The blue-collar, vulnerable McClane of Die Hard wouldn’t even recognize the bulletproof, catchphrase-spouting superhero he’s become in the sequels.
- Pertaining to the culture of blue-collar workers.
- Even as a tenured professor, she remained proud of her blue-collar values.