Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- 1 English
- 2 Danish
- 3 Finnish
- 4 French
- 5 Italian
- 6 Swedish
- Plural form of blue
- The painting was vibrantly colored in reds and greens and blues.
- (informal) A feeling of sadness or depression.
- (singular or plural, informal) One's particular life experience, particularly including the hardships one has faced.
- Your blues is just like mine.
- Your blues are just like mine.
- A musical form, African-American in origin, generally featuring an eight-bar or twelve-bar structure and using the blues scale.
- Many great blues musicians came from the Mississippi Delta region.
- A large portion of modern popular music is influenced by the blues.
- (music, always singular) A musical composition following blues forms.
- My next number is a blues in G.
- A uniform made principally of a blue fabric.
- The marched in their dress blues.
- (sports) Any of a number of sports teams which wear blue kit.
terms derived from blues
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of blue
blues c (singular definite bluesen, not used in plural form)
Declension of blues (type risti)
blues m (plural blues)
blues m (invariable)