- present active infinitive of
- second-person singular present passive imperative of
- second-person singular present passive indicative of
Either from Latin vapor, vaporem, (which may eventually have went through a hypothetical form *baporem before *baborem, leading to a *băoare in early Romanian and finally to its current form) or alternatively from Latin boreās (“north wind”) (compare also bură). The latter etymology seems to fit the most common and modern sense, but the former may correspond more to the older meanings.
- (figuratively) scent, fragrance, sweet smell
- (obsolete) exhalation of breath; by extension, stench, malodor
- (obsolete) heat