Italian bocca (“mouth”).
bocca (plural boccas)
- The round hole in the furnace of a glassworks through which the fused glass is taken out.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Craig to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
From Latin bucca
bocca f (plural bocche)
- mouth (all senses)
- bocca d'acqua - hydrant
- bocca di leone - snapdragon
- bocca eruttiva
- a bocca aperta - open-mouthed
- in bocca al lupo - good luck!