Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also bouclé
From French boucler (“to buckle”).
- IPA: /bukl/
- A fabric knitted or woven of uneven yarn with a surface of loops and curls.
- Yarn with multiple plies, one of which is looser than the others, producing loops and curls.
From Latin buccula (“the cheek strap of a helmet”).
boucle f (plural boucles)
- loop (line returning to its origin)
- (jewellery) earring
- buckle (of a belt, etc.)
- curl (of hair)
- (graph theory) loop
- (figure skating) loop jump
- (aviation) loop the loop (aircraft manoeuvre)