Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) IPA: /kəˈpɪ.tjʊ.leɪt/, /kəˈpɪ.tʃə.leɪt/
- (US) IPA: /kəˈpɪtʃ.jʊ.leɪt/, /kəˈpɪtʃ.jə.leɪt/
Audio (US) (file)
- (obsolete) To draw up in chapters; to enumerate.
- (obsolete) To draw up the articles of treaty with; to treat, bargain, parley.
- To agree terms of surrender; to end all resistance, to give up; to go along with or comply.
- He argued and hollered for so long that I finally capitulated just to make him stop.
Related terms 
to end all resistance; to give up; to go along with or comply