Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
cartel (plural cartels)
- A group of businesses or nations that collude to limit competition within an industry or market.
- A combination of political groups (notably parties) for common action.
- A written letter of defiance or challenge.
- An official agreement concerning the exchange of prisoners.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Wilhelm to this entry?)
- (nautical) A ship used to negotiate with an enemy in time of war, and to exchange prisoners.
group of businesses or nations that collude to fix prices
combination of political groups
ship used to negotiate with an enemy in time of war
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
cartel m (plural cartels)
- A cartel
- "cartel" in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- Rhymes: -el
cartel m (plural carteles)