Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Castellite
From the surname of its discoverer, Herr Bergverwalter Castelli.
castellite (plural castellites)
- A clear yellow form of the crystalline mineral titanite or sphene, occurring in very small, thin, tubular crystals.
- Titanite, a description of the mineral castellite. Accessed online August 7, 2007.
- Castellite: a form of sphene. Accessed online August 7, 2007.
- 1867, A Dictionary of Science, Literature, and Art, volume 1, George William Cox, London: Longmans, Green and co.:
- 1896, Albert Huntington Chester, A Dictionary of the Names of Minerals Including their History and Etymology, J. Wiley & Sons: