Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
charro (plural charros)
- A type of Mexican horseman
2007 August 21, Dave Kehr, “New DVDs”, New York Times:
- The star is Jorge Negrete, a tall baritone with a pencil mustache who appeared as a singing charro in a few dozen ranchero musicals.
2006 July 28, Susannah J. Felts, “Wanna See Something Really Weird?”, Chicago Reader:
- The show features a revolving roster of "freaks" both born and made: at Ozzfest the former included Jessie the Half-Boy; a "wolf-boy" from Mexico dressed in a charro suit and sombrero; and the aforementioned Punkin Head, aka Scott the Cyclops, who capitalizes on his empty eye socket with various props including, as Harck promises, his own tongue.
1994 May 6, Carmela Rago, “Not From Around Here”, Chicago Reader:
- But he's also evolved from the mythic Mexican cowboy of the 19th century, the charro, who even if he had nothing else had balls.
charro m (plural charros)
- joint, a cigarette containing cannabis.
- coarse, vulgar
- (slang, US, Texas) A short form of frijoles a la charra, that is, pinto or pink beans boiled with condiments but otherwise plain and simple.
- from Salamanca