Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- chatteratis, as if the plural of a singular *chatterati
chatterati (plural only)
- People who chat, argue and debate.
- 2002, Annabelle Sreberny, “Trauma talk,” in Journalism After September 11, Barbara Zelizer and Stuart Allan edd. 
- The newspaper the Guardian, together with its Sunday sister the Observer, are the liberal papers of choice among the middle-class chatterati.
- 2004, John Mole, It's All Greek to Me 
- Perhaps some Anatolian Leigh Fermor had a bestseller among the chatterati of Topkapi with his Travels in the Egripos.
- 2004 Peter Simmons, in Fool on the Hill [htpp://www.oneworldnet.co.uk/blog/january2004.php/]Tuesday 20 January 2004 - political incorrectness and the chatterati.
- 2005 Christina Odone, in the Manchester Guardian, quoted in Credo by Ray Pritchard 
- From when to die to when to give birth, from whom to have sex with, to how to spend their money, the chatteratis believe they should enjoy unlimited freedom.
- 2002, Annabelle Sreberny, “Trauma talk,” in Journalism After September 11, Barbara Zelizer and Stuart Allan edd.