Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (slang, Internet, usually pejorative) A woman who denies or dismisses sexism and/or misogyny.
2012 March 7, Katie Rogers, “On Stealth Feminism”, The Cipher:
- We can talk about sex in front of her, don’t have to get the door for her. You know, she’s a chill girl. She’s a bro.
2013 April 2, “Feminism and the Chill Girl”, Sidkettle's Blog, accessed on 2013-10-22:
- Since Chill Girl is not actually an avatar of Women, she does not have the power to hand out get out of saying-crap-about-women-jail-free cards. It’s not secret!not-sexist because your girlfriend laughed.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see the citations page.
- Used other than as an idiom: see chill, girl.