Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
chill out (plural chill outs)
- Alternative spelling of chillout.
- (idiomatic, slang) To relax or take time out; to calm down. Also chill.
- Since I'm between projects, I think I'll just chill out.
- I wish I could chill out about the neighbor's barking dog, but it wakes me up every night.
- (idiomatic, slang, somewhat dated) To hang out; spend time together with another person or group. Also chill.
- Hey we should chill out together this weekend.
relax or take time out