Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌsɜːkəmləˈkjuːʃənəri/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˌsɝːkəmləˈkjuːʃənɛri/
Audio (US) (file)
- Articulated in a roundabout manner; tautological or with repetitive language.
- The old man's rambling yarn was circumlocutionary.
- (of speech) Evasive, avoiding difficult questions or key points.
- The politician was being circumlocutionary; he refused to answer any of the journalist's questions.
Articulated in roundabout manner; tautological