Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
circumscription (plural circumscriptions)
- the act of circumscribing or the quality of being circumscribed
- anything that circumscribes or a circumscribed area
- (taxonomy) the definition of what does and does not belong to a given taxon, from a particular taxonomic viewpoint or taxonomic system.
- The circumscription in the APG system of the family Malvaceae includes the former families Bombacaceae, Sterculiaceae and Tiliaceae.
- An electoral district; used often in texts treating electoral systems in Romance countries.
electoral district — see electoral district