Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɪpɪŋ
- Present participle of clip.
- (countable) A piece of something removed by clipping.
- a clipping of hair
- grass clippings
- (countable) An article clipped from a newspaper.
- (countable, linguistics) A short form (of a word).
- The word "ad" is a clipping of "advertisement".
- (uncountable, signal processing) the process of cutting off a signal level that rises above a certain maximum level
- (piece of something removed by clipping): offcut, snippet
- (article clipped from a newspaper): cutting, newspaper clipping, newspaper cutting
- (word formed by shortening another): short form
action of the verb "to clip"
piece of something removed by clipping
article clipped from a newspaper