Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: cloisonné
cloisonne (plural cloisonne)
- (metalwork, uncountable) A decorative technique for metalwork, especially brass, whereby colored enamel is baked between raised ridges of the metal.
- Cloisonne is sometimes seen as a cheaper alternative to jewelled encrustation or filigree.
- Zoë wore a pair of cloisonne earrings she had bought in France.
- (metalwork) Objects decorated by this technique collectively.
- The museum had a fine collection of medieval Italian cloisonne.
collective noun for these objects