Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
comparative form of close
closer (plural closers)
- Someone or something that closes.
- In our organization, the VP of Sales usually acts as the closer.
- Someone or something that concludes.
- The DJ chose a fantastic track as his closer at the end of the night.
- The last stone in a horizontal course, if smaller than the others; a piece of brick finishing a course.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Gwilt to this entry?)
- (baseball) A relief pitcher that specializes in getting the last three outs of the game. See Wikipedia:closer (baseball)
- They brought their closer in for the ninth.