Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Clown
- 1 English
- 2 French
- 3 Italian
- 4 Spanish
- 5 Swedish
clown (plural clowns)
- A performance artist often associated with a circus and typically characterised by bright, oversized clothing, a red nose, face paint, and a brightly colored wig and who performs slapstick.
- A person who acts in a silly fashion.
- (UK) A stupid person.
- (obsolete) A man of coarse nature and manners; an awkward fellow; an illbred person; a boor.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Sir Philip Sidney to this entry?)
- (obsolete) One who works upon the soil; a rustic; a churl.
- The clown, the child of nature, without guile.
performance artist working in a circus
person acting in a silly fashion
- To act in a silly fashion.
clown m (plural clowns)
clown m (invariable)
- clown (artist)
clown m (plural clownes)
- clown (circus performance artist)
- payaso m
Declension of clown