Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To fill up or choke up; to stop up.
- (transitive) To clog, to glut, or satisfy, as the appetite; to satiate.
- (transitive) To fill to loathing; to surfeit.
1898, Winston Churchill, chapter 3, The Celebrity:
- Now all this was very fine, but not at all in keeping with the Celebrity's character as I had come to conceive it. The idea that adulation ever cloyed on him was ludicrous in itself. In fact I thought the whole story fishy, and came very near to saying so.
- (fill or choke up): block, block up, choke, fill, fill up, stop up, stuff, stuff up
- (satiate): fill up, glut, gorge, sate, satiate, satisfy, stodge, stuff, stuff up
- (fill to loathing): jade, nauseate, pall, sicken, surfeit