Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- To restrain by force, especially by law or authority; to repress; to curb.
- (transitive) to use force, threat, fraud, or intimidation in attempt to compel one to act against his will.
- (transitive, computing) to force an attribute, normally of a data type, to take on the attribute of another data type.
to use force, threat, or intimidation in attempt to compel one to act against his will
to force an attribute, normally of a data type, to take on the attribute of another data type
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- coerce in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- coerce in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- second-person singular present active imperative of coerceō