Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) IPA: /ˈkəʊdʒn̩t/, X-SAMPA: /"k@UdZn=t/
- (US) IPA: /ˈkoʊdʒn̩t/, X-SAMPA: /"koUdZn=t/
Audio (US) (file)
- Reasonable and convincing; based on evidence.
- Appealing to the intellect or powers of reasoning.
- Forcefully persuasive.
- She presented a cogent argument, convincing her audience of the truth of her proposition.
reasonable and convincing; based on evidence
appealing to the intellect or powers of reasoning
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- third-person plural future active indicative of cōgō