Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- I gather, draw, bring or collect (together), assemble, pick up; contract, draw up, compress, concentrate; harvest.
- I make thick, thicken; bind or mass together.
- I get, gain, acquire, produce, collect.
- I think upon, weigh, consider; deduce, conclude, infer, gather.
- (in a reflexive sense) I collect or compose myself, recover my courage or resolution.
- (of a number, chiefly a distance) I amount or come to, extend; am reckoned (in a passive sense).
- Note: Perfect terms are sometimes of the form collex.. rather than colleg...
Conjugation of colligo (third conjugation)
- I bind, tie or fasten together or up, connect; bandage.
- (figuratively) I unite, combine, connect.
- (figuratively, in the sense of preventing free motion) I restrain, check, stop, hinder.
Conjugation of colligo (first conjugation)
- colligo in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879