Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (linguistics, translation studies) (said of certain words) To be often used together, form a collocation; for example strong collocates with tea.
- (rare) To arrange or occur side by side.
- (obsolete, transitive) To set or place; to station.
- To marshal and collocate in order his battalions. — E. Hall.
linguistics: to be often used together
arrange side by side
occur side by side
collocate (plural collocates)
collocate (not comparable)
- second-person plural present indicative of collocare
- second-person plural imperative of collocare
- feminine plural of collocato
- first-person plural present active imperative of collocō