come to the fore
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic) To become obvious or visible.
- This issue came to the fore last century and has confounded politicians for many years.
- This scholarship will allow talented young people to come to the fore at our university.
- 2010 December 29, Mark Vesty, “Wigan 2 - 2 Arsenal”, BBC:
- However, even the dismissal could not break the Latics spirit and the Lancashire side received their richly deserved reward minutes later when Arsenal's defensive Achilles heel came to the fore once again.