Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
commerciality (plural commercialities)
- (business) Ability to produce a profit.
1976 May, Steve Chapple; Robert Garofalo, Joel Rogers, “The Rise and Fall of FM Rock”, Mother Jones, volume 1, page 61:
- after Tom Donahue started KMPX, the Metromedia conglomerate recognized the potential commerciality of FM rock.
1986, Michael Golan; Curtis H. Whitson, Well Performance, page 9:
- In early feasibility studies, production forecasts are used to study the commerciality of a field, to plan strategy for field development, and so forth.
2003, Roger A. Shiner, Freedom of Commercial Expression, page 160:
- 'commercial speech' can merit constitutional protection by serving traditional free speech values while having its commerciality taken into account.
- Shorter Oxford English Dictionary (published by the Oxford University Press).