Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- I move something in violent motion, move; shake, stir, shift, agitate.
- I remove something from somewhere, carry away, displace.
- (by extension) I start, set in motion, stimulate, begin, move.
- (figuratively) I drive back, dislodge, refute, confute.
- (figuratively) I throw into disorder, unbalance, unsettle, disturb.
- (figuratively) I excite, rouse, stir up, affect, influence, produce, generate.
Conjugation of commoveo (second conjugation)
- “commoveo” in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879.