communicant (plural communicants)
- A person who receives (or is allowed to receive) the sacrament of Holy Communion
- A never-failing monthly communicant.
- One who communicates.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Foxe to this entry?)
- 2013, Al Cooper, Sex and the Internet: A Guide Book for Clinicians (page 215)
- These cyberforums are asynchronous; that is, contributors post (i.e., publish a text message) without the need for fellow communicants to be online at the same time.
communicant (not comparable)
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Coleridge to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- vases communicants (communicating vessels)