Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Present participle of compel.
- requiring urgent attention
- There are compelling reasons why these articles should have definitions.
- The politician had compelling ambition.
- 2011 October 29, Phil McNulty, “Chelsea 3 - 5 Arsenal”, BBC Sport:
- Terry's goal looked to have put Chelsea in control on the stroke of half-time but Arsenal's response presented a compelling case for Wenger's insistence that reports of his side's demise have been greatly exaggerated.
requiring urgent attention