Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɛsə(r)
compressor (plural compressors)
- A device that produces pressure, such as a gas compressor that produces pressurized gas.
- A device that squeezes (compresses).
- (audio) A device that reduces the dynamic range of an audio signal.
- (anatomy) A muscle that compresses certain parts.
- (computing) A program or algorithm for compressing data.
device that produces pressure
device that squeezes
device that reduces the range of an audio signal
compressor m (plural compressores)