Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Passive self-assurance.
- Expression or feeling of certainty.
- The quality of trusting.
- Information held in secret.
- 1956 — Arthur C. Clarke, The City and the Stars, p 39
- Khedron hesitated for a moment, wondering how far he should take Jeserac into his confidence. He knew that Jeserac was kindly and well-intentioned, but he also knew that he must be bound by the same taboos that controlled everyone on Diaspar.
- (self-assurance): fear
expression or feeling of certainty
quality of trusting
information held in secret
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.