- very sure of something; positive
- I'm pretty confident that she's not lying, she's acting normally.
- I was impressed by this confidence at such a young age.
- (self-confident): self-assured
Related terms 
confident (plural confidents)
- Obsolete form of confidant.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- confident in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- confident in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- third-person plural future active indicative of cōnfīdō