Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
conglomerate (plural conglomerates)
- A cluster of heterogeneous things.
- A conglomerate of marvellous anecdotes.
- (business) A corporation formed by the combination of several smaller corporations whose activities are unrelated to the corporation's primary activity.
- (geology) A rock consisting of gravel or pebbles embedded in a matrix.
- A conglomerate, therefore, is simply gravel bound together by a cement.
- Conglomerate (company) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Conglomerate (company)
- Conglomerate (geology) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Conglomerate (geology)
cluster of heterogeneous things
corporation formed by the combination of several smaller corporations
rock consisting of gravel or pebbles embedded in a matrix
- Clustered together into a mass.
combine into a larger corporation