Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Corresponding in character.
- (mathematics) Having a difference divisible by a modulus.
- (mathematics) Coinciding exactly when superimposed.
- (algebra) Satisfying a congruence relation.
- In mathematics, this adjective can be used in phrases like "A and B are congruent", "A is congruent to B", and, less commonly, "A is congruent with B".
corresponding in character
with difference divisible by modulus
coinciding when superimposed
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Declension of congruent
- third-person plural future active indicative of congruō