Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
connector (plural connectors)
- A device (or, more precisely, a mating pair of devices, often a plug and a socket) for connecting together two wires, cables, or hoses, allowing electricity or fluid to flow but also allowing easy disconnection and reconnection when necessary.
- A highway or freeway road which connects to another highway or freeway. It can be part of an interchange or a longer roadway such as the 1.5 mile (2.5 kilometer) U.S. Route 24 Connector.
- (computing) A line connecting two shapes in presentation software.
- (computing) A software component that provides access from an application program to an external database or data source, such as a JDBC connector.
mating pair of devices
road connecting other roads
- first-person singular present passive indicative of cōnnectō