Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
contact (plural contacts)
- The act of touching physically.
- The establishment of communication (with).
- I haven't been in contact with her for years.
- A nodule designed to connect a device with something else.
- Touch the contact to ground and read the number again.
- Someone with whom one is in communication.
- The salesperson had a whole binder full of contacts for potential clients.
- (informal) A contact lens.
- (electricity) a device designed for repetitive connections.
- (informal, by ellipsis) Contact juggling.
- I bought myself a new contact ball last week
- body contact
- contact hitter
- contact information
- eye contact
- first contact
- point of contact / POC
an act of touching physically
an establishment of communication
colloquial: a contact lens
electrical: a device designed for repetitive connections
someone with whom one is in communication
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- (transitive) To touch; to come into physical contact with.
- The side of the car contacted the pedestrian.
- (transitive) To establish communication with something or someone
- I am trying to contact my sister.
establish communication with
Borrowed from Latin contactus.
contact m (plural contacts)