Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- first-person singular present indicative of contingere
- I touch on all sides, come into contact with.
- I reach (by moving), attain to, come to, arrive at, meet with.
- I touch, extend to, border upon, reach; I am near, neighbouring or contiguous to.
- I touch, affect, seize upon, move,
- (usually in passive) I touch with pollution, pollute, stain, defile, contaminate.
- (with dative) I fall to my lot, obtain.
- I happen, turn out, come to pass.
Conjugation of contingo (third conjugation)