Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (obsolete) To speak against; to forbid.
- To deny the truth of (a statement or statements).
- His testimony contradicts hers.
- To make a statement denying the truth of the statement(s) made by (a person).
- Everything he says contradicts me.
- Dear Duff, I prithee, contradict thyself, / And say it is not so.
- The future cannot contradict the past.
- To be contrary to; to oppose; to resist.
- No truth can contradict another truth.
- A greater power than we can contradict / Hath thwarted our intents.
deny the truth of (a statement or statements)
deny the truth of statements made by (a person)
to be contrary to