Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -aɪv
- To form by an exercise of ingenuity; to devise; to plan; to scheme; to plot.
- Neither do thou imagine that I shall contrive aught against his life.
- 1813, Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice, Modern Library Edition (1995), page 154
- […] I cannot bear the idea of two young women traveling post by themselves. It is highly improper. You must contrive to send somebody.
- To invent, to make devices; to form designs especially by improvisation.
- To project, cast, or set forth, as in a projection of light.
To form by an exercise of ingenuity; to devise; to plan; to scheme; to plot
To invent, to make devices; to form designs especially by improvisation