Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (countable) anything which cools
- If acid things were used only as coolers, they would not be so proper in this case. — Arbuthnot.
- (countable) an insulated bin or box used with ice or freezer packs to keep food or beverages cold while picnicking or camping
- (US, countable or uncountable) a mixed drink, especially one served chilled
- They served wine coolers in the afternoon.
- (US, slang) a prison
- "About a year or so back we had him in the cooler on a Mann Act rap." - "The Big Sleep", by Raymond Chandler
- (poker, colloquial) A cold deck.
insulated bin or box to keep food cold while picnicking or camping