Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- (uncountable) The right by law to be the entity which determines who may publish, copy and distribute a piece of writing, music, picture or other work of authorship.
- Copyright is a separate legal area from trademarks.
- (countable) Such an exclusive right as it pertains to one or more specific works.
- The artist lost the copyrights to her songs when she signed the contract.
right to publish
- To place under a copyright.
- To obtain or secure a copyright for some literary or other artistic work.
place under a copyright
obtain a copyright
- copyright infringement
- copyright misuse
- copyright paranoia
- exclusive right
Declension of copyright (type risti)