Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
corset (plural corsets)
- A woman's foundation garment, reinforced with stays, that supports the waistline, hips and bust.
- (historical) In the Middle Ages, a tight-fitting gown or basque worn by both men and women.
- (transitive) To enclose in a corset; to wear a corset.
- Mabel dreaded the upcoming ball and the preliminary corseting it would entail.
- (figuratively) To restrict or confine.
- "I will not remain corseted by your notions of what is and is not proper!" she exclaimed.
corset m (plural corsets)