Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To snuggle.
- If you two are cold, you can cosy up by the fireplace.
- To come physically close to, using body language in an attempt to persuade another (often hesitant) party to snuggle or embrace.
- He forgot the whole argument when she cosied up to him on the couch.
- The kitten cosied up to the gruff old hound, and all resistance disappeared.
- (by extension) To form a relationship with some one or some thing for the purpose of obtaining some benefit.
- It is often suggested that politicians are too inclined to cosy up to big business in order to receive funds for election expenses.
- The sales guys might be able to cosy up to the customers, but they are inexperienced in technical support.
- 2005,Lynn Phillips, Watford Under Wood, p123
- Looks like I'd better cosy up to her and see if I can pump some facts out of her.