Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: créatúr
creatur (plural creaturs)
- Obsolete spelling of creature.
1901, Paul Laurence Dunbar, The Uncalled:
- I 'm mighty sorry to hear about the poor old creatur; but she 'd served you a long while."
1861, George Eliot, Silas Marner:
- But it was observed with some irritation in the village, that anybody but a "blind creatur" like Marner would have seen the man prowling about, for how came he to leave his tinder-box in the ditch close by, if he hadn't been lingering there?
1799, George Eliot, Adam Bede:
- "Frightened, very frightened, when they first brought her in; it was the first sight of the crowd and the judge, poor creatur.
- third-person singular present passive indicative of creō