Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also Daffodil
Ultimately from Latin asphodelus.
- Of a brilliant yellow color, like that of a daffodil.
daffodil (plural daffodils)
- A bulbous plant of the genus Narcissus, with yellow flowers and a trumpet shaped corona, especially Narcissus pseudonarcissus; the national flower of Wales.
- A brilliant yellow color, like that of a daffodil.
- XIX c., Emily Dickinson, Where Ships of Purple — gently toss —
- Where Ships of Purple — gently toss —
- On Seas of Daffodil —
- Fantastic Sailors — mingle —
- And then — the Wharf is still!